Translate

Monday, September 22, 2014

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 151 - Die Cut Flowers

Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 151 - Die Cut Flowers


 First day of fall and I wanted to do an autumn card for my sister.  I had a lot of fun creating these leaves out of my Cherry Lynn leaf die as well as McGill punch for the maple leaf.  First I cut them out and applied the fall colors to the leaves.  Second, I pressed the leaves on a Versa Mark pad before adding clear embossing powder.  After using the hot embossing gun, I would shape the leaves again.  The leaves on the left top is from Cherry Lynn Flourish Leaf Strip B179.. 

The flowers were made using the Cherry Lynn Shasta Daisy B310.  I used  autumn gold glitter paper to cut out the daisies.  I applied rustic colors to the edge and then pressed the flowers on a Versa mark pad before adding clear embossing powder.  I found out that if I didn't use the embossing powder on this paper, the ink would easy rub off.  I colored the center of the flower using a green Copic Marker.  The center of the flower is the circle from the Cherry Lynn Maron's Wedding Garland DL218.  I cut the centers out and rubbed the center with Versa mark and added a brown and red embossing powder.

The branches in the flower arrangement is the Memory Box Woodland branch die.  

I used the Marianne Design LR0279 for the center frame of the picture from Wee Stamps colored with Copic markers.  The saying "Thinking of You" is  a Marianne Collectable stamp as well as the Marianne Collectable die to cut for the label below. The outer frame is a Spellbinder decorative frame. 


4 comments:

shulsart said...

Oh, Nancy, this is just so sweet. Love those rich Autumn colors and your stunning flowers. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Karen said...

Love the gold glitter paper used and the rustic colors to make your amazing flowers! Your card is very striking...super sweet image and coloring too! Thanks for playing in this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge! Good luck!!

Juliz Design Post said...

Such a beautiful card Nancy and so well coloured. I adore your Shasta Daisy flowers they have a real wow. Good luck and thanks for entering the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs.
Julie x

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

What a gorgeous card in beautiful fall colors as well! Really so stunning!!! Thank you for joining us in our Die Cut Flowers challenge this week at Cheery Lynn Designs! Best of luck!