Translate

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Springtime Card


 

It has been unusually warm in our area and it feels like springtime.  Therefore, I made a card this week to send to my sister in Colorado who was getting springtime weather in the Rockies last week but bunches of snow this week. 

I used the Cherry Lynn Polynesian Sails Oval die to frame the girl what was stamped with a retired Stampin Up Easter stamp set.  I made the tulips using the Cherry Lynn Tea Rose Small die for the trumpet of the daffodil and a McGill flower punch for the rest of this daffodil.  The white/pink flowers were made using the Cherry Lynn Baby's Breath Flower Kit die and I also added the Cherry Lynn Fanciful Flourish.

The butterfly was made using the new Stampin Up butterfly punch and die set and I colored it using pearl inks.  The tulips were from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The paper was the Graphic 45 Secret Garden.
I used the Zutter Bow Maker to shape my wired ribbon bow. 

I am entering this card in the following challenges this week:
Cherry Lynn Designs Challenge 174-Doilies
Sister Hood of Crafters - Piercing
Paper Take Weekly Challenge - Technique
The Stamping Boutique - Layers
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Simon Says  -Anything Goes

No comments: