Translate

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Father's Day Card


I made this Father's Day card this weekend on a cold and rainy day on the Camas Prairie in Grangeville, Idaho.  I don't have much supplies for a male card but Graphic 45 paper from Ladies' Diary had enough male paper to help me out this time. 

The buttons were from old cuff links on a man's shirt.   

My friend gave me some of her paper which looks like real burlap fabric and I don't know the brand.   I distressed the outer layers of the burlap paper to give it an old vintage look and sponged it with brown and gold ink. 

I used Graphic 45 Ladies' Diary paper for most of this card.  I used an acrylic black frame that I bought many years ago  and placed it on top the male. 
   
Clock w/Angel Wing (Steampunk Series) is from Cherry Lynn Design.  I cut out two clocks, one with black paper for the numbers,  and cut the outside of the clock from the other piece and embossed it with Ranger Rick Metal Art bronze embossing powder.  I cut the background out with from the Cherry Lynn Wing die that came with the clock and sponged it with different colors of ink to make it look antique.  I used one of the cuff links for the inside of the clock.  

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 185 - Make It Manly
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations:  Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #17:  Anything Goes using any brand of die Scrapy Land sells



6 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

What a stunning Father's Day card! I love the burlap with the distressed edges and the clock looks amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #17!

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous masculine card! Love the burlap background too. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

Lisa said...

Beautiful manly card! The clock is so awesome! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Alan Designs.

shulsart said...

Fabulous manly card, Nancy, I love the embossing on the clock, what a great idea. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Eva said...

This is such a handsome manly card...love the papers you used and of course the clock is a perfect addition. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Corina said...

The paper really does look real burlap! Love that you distressed the edge. Thank you for joining in on the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs!