Translate

Monday, July 20, 2015

Christmas Vintage card



The red cardinal inspired me when I went back to Missouri for my mother's funeral during Christmas time.  The beautiful red cardinal were on the snow covered ground.  From that time forward, I decorated my Christmas tree with red cardinals to remind me of my mother and the beautiful time we spent during our grieving time with special relatives on their farm who fed their red cardinal under their walnut tree.

All of the dies except for one were from Cherry Lynn Design:  Merry Christmas, Covered Rectangle Silver Stacker, Rectangle Covered Boutique Stacker, and step card set.

The pine branch die is from Impression Obsession.  After cutting the branches, I applied clear embossing powder.  It makes the branches stand out and look more real. 

The Christmas paper and glitter paper were DCWV paper from Joann Fabric.

I made the red glitter dots using drops of hot glue from the hot glue gun and covered the hot dots with red glitter.  I let the dots cool down before gluing it on the card.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Dies R Us Challenge #29:  Christmas in July
Cherry Lynn Challenge #194:  Silver and/or Gold
Scrapyland Challenge #22:  Vintage and/or Steampuck
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge #24:  I scream for...  seeing red cardinals during Christmas time



 

9 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! VERY pretty Nancy! Love the sparkle! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS IN JULY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Nicole Wright Designs said...

What a lovely way to remember your Mom during the holidays. I'm sure it is a great comfort. I have never seen one as I don't think they travel this far north! Love your pretty card and the story behind your Inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Monday Challenge! Cheers Nicole

Lori Kobular said...

Such a gorgeous vintage Christmas card! I really love the cardinal on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #22!

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh my goodness! All these Christmas in July posts make me wish for snow! This is truly beautiful!

Glenda said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing in the Christmas in July challenge at Dies R Us!

shulsart said...

Stunning Christmas card, Nancy. Great choice of papers, perfect for a step card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

Jenny Alia said...

This is just lovely! Great design. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn challenge this past week and I hope you can join our new Anything Goes Challenge beginning today!

Anne Temple said...

Your vintage Christmas card is beautiful. Love the papers you've chosen. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Gorgeous vintage Christmas card, Nancy! Love it!!
Thank you for sharing at Scrapy Land!
Big crafty hugs!