Translate

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

With Sympathy


Happy New Years 2016 and welcome back for our first challenge of the year Scrapy Land Blog Challenge #33 - Anything Goes.  I am Nancy and excited to show you three sympathy cards. 

At times, we need quick ideas of making sympathy cards and each card took about 20 minutes to make and that was including the time of cutting out the dies.  The dies used on this card above are from Scrapy Land.com Creative Expression - Sue Wilson Designs (Sue Wilson-Expression Collection-With Sympathy, Sue Wilson-Gemini-Lyri) and a Sue Wilson's Snowflake Lattice embossing folder was used on a silver mirror cardstock.  The Sue Wilson Designs -With Sympathy has the gorgeous font and flower that makes an elegant sympathy  card. 
 


The last two cards were made using the Sue Wilson Design-Gemini Collection-Orion from Scrapy Land.com.  The gorgeous ribbon and Wild Orchid crafts are from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  The silver cardstock on the last card was embossed using a Stampin Up embossing folder.  The white leaves are from the Sue Wilson Design-Delicate Touches-Finishing Fronds.  I use this die often on my cards with flowers.  

The gorgeous silver ribbon and Wild Orchid Craft flowers were bought on-line at Really Reasonable Ribbon.com where I buy all of my beautiful ribbons and flowers.  I buy my crosses from a thrift store or garage sale and make my own resin angels from a mold.  If a person doesn't have an angel, they could use a butterfly.

Thank you for stopping by and I would appreciate a comment in the section below.  

Also, Valentines is a short month and half away and now is the time to buy your Valentine dies Scrapy Land.com where the customer service and fast deliver are awesome and the prices are very reasonable. 

Now it is your turn to join us at Scrapy Land Challenge this week.  Can't wait to see your new creation!


12 comments:

Samra said...

So elegant and graceful! Wonderful work Nancy!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

sarascloset said...

Beautiful cards that will certainly help to boost the spirits of those who have lost loved ones. I love the die cut against the gorgeous silver backing. Lovely!

Anne Temple said...

These are all so beautiful! Love the embossed silver mirrored cardstock (I never think to do that on mirrored paper) as it really makes the die pop. Love all your angels too.

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design. Lovely texture and dimension. How smart to make three cards using the same supplies. It is never easy to make a sympathy card when you need one. These are so very elegant.

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and gorgeous, Nancy!! I love the design and the details!! The little angel perched on the ribbon is a beautiful touch!! Sympathy cards are the hardest to make...you did a perfect job!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna Ellis said...

you make your own resin embellishments? WOWOW! They are beautiful, Nancy. All three cards are incredibly elegant, and will touch the hearts of the recipients for sure. Exquisitely put together, and such lovely colors. Thanks for all the wonderful tips, my sweet friend! hugs, de

Gail said...

Beautiful creations with lovely embellishments - a very lovely layout!

Lori Kobular said...

Each card is so delicate and elegant looking! I love the Sue Wilson dies that you used. Love the angel on the first card!

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Fabulous card Nancy ! Love the dies !
Hugs
Maryvonne

Patricia St Martin said...

Nancy, Stunning! OMGoodness as I'm reading, and I need to go back and check again that all 3 cards are different. Just so elegant each one of them. I love how you used the die cut and each embellishment is placed perfectly. Sorry I'm so late but things in life really but me behind.
Hugs, Pat

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Great set of cards, Nancy! Love the choice of dies and the mirror paper is a wonderful touch!

Donna Ellis said...

how beautiful, Nancy! All three look amazing. What I especially like in the first card is that the cross looks wooden. Very elegant and peaceful - they will be extra special when the time comes, Nancy. I think people appreciate the hand-made element especially when times are hard. hugs, de