Translate

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Burlap Flowers using Flower Dies



Welcome back Scrapy Land bloggers and what an exciting challenge today on our Scrapy Land Blog-Anything Goes.  I am so excited today to share with you how I made my burlap flowers using the dies from three flower dies sets of Sue Wilson Designs:  Exquisite Poppy set, Orange Blossom and Camellia that were all purchased at Scrapy Land.com.  Scrapy Land has over 40 brands of dies.  You can see them all here.  



Using my technique, you can cut out burlap without the material falling apart.  Please view my Snap Guide tutorial and soon, you will be having fun making flowers from burlap.  After using individual flower dies and flower die strips, the individual flower dies cut through the burlap and the burlap didn't unravel.  I even used the same technique cutting out the leaves using burlap and then coloring each one with my stamping ink.

Other dies used from Scrapy Land:  Cheery Lynn Chicken Wire, Cheery Lynn Horizontal Banner.



Thank you for joining us at Scrapy Land and keep visiting the 
Scrapy Land Face Book and Scrapy Land Blog to continue to see the wonderful projects and cards that the designers have for you.  Come join the fun and post your card.  


Can't wait to see what you have created for our current challenge at Scrapy Land -Anything Goes.  Also, a big Thank You for all of you who have visited the designers blogs and left comments.  We really appreciate all of you!!!

Nancy Hill, Design Team














9 comments:

sarascloset said...

Nancy, this has got to be my favorite of yours! I love that rustic look the burlap gives this, balanced with the femininity of the bow and chicken wire die cut. Thank you for not only the inspiration, but for the tutorial as well. Hugs!

sarascloset said...

Bravo on the tutorial! I tried leaving a comment, but I guess I'm doing something wrong. I will be pinning this post for future reference. :):)

Lori Kobular said...

Nancy this card is gorgeous! I love your burlap flowers and thank you for the tutorial! I love your bow and butterflies too!

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous card Nancy! I love how you used the burlap and still created something so feminine. Looking forward to checking out the tutorial.

Lisa said...

This is stunning, Nancy!! The burlap background is amazing!! And the burlap flowers are gorgeous!! The layers and details are fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Samra said...

Nancy your card is breathtaking! Love those burlap flowers!
Hugs
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Donna Ellis said...

Woooo, Nancy! I think this is my favorite of your cards so far! BEAUTIFUL, and I am going to copy it for sure! Love the pretty burlap background and flowers, and what fun to use different colors of burlap to make it even better! Gorgeousness! xo

Kathy Krug said...

Love the soft colors on the burlap. thanks for the tutorial. I love all the texture you got using the burlap. Just fabulous,Nancy.

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Hi Nancy !
Your BURLAP flowers are Stunning and many Thanks for this great tutorial !
And I Love Love Love your Bow.......
Stunning card my friend.
Have a nice week end
Hugs
Maryvonne